AVNI Holidays offers a premium range of escorted and non-escorted packages designed for the independent traveller wanting to experience holidays in Switzerland & connected destinations up close. From the snow capped mountains to the lush green valleys or from wild sparkling rivers to the serenity of palm lined lakes, our packages will take you through the length and breadth of this all-year-round paradise.
Switzerland showcases three of Europe's most distinct cultures. To the northeast is the clean and correct, 8-to-5-working, stiffer Swiss-German-speaking Switzerland; to the southwest you find the wine drinking and laissez-faire style known from the French; in the southeast, south of the Alps, the sun warms cappuccino-sippers loitering in Italian-style piazzas; and in the center: classic Swiss alphorns and mountain landscapes. Binding it all together is a distinct Swiss mentality.
Switzerland is a landlocked country in Central Europe. It has borders with France to the west, Italy to the south, Austria and Liechtenstein to the east and Germany to the north. Switzerland is known for its mountains (Alps in south, Jura in northwest) but it also has a central plateau of rolling hills, plains, and large lakes. The highest point is Dufourspitze at 4,634m while Lake Maggiore is only 195m above sea level.
What is included in the tour
- Twin Sharing accommodation with breakfast
- Airport transfers on private basis
- 7 Days Swiss Rail Pass (Includes local and Intercity transportation)
- Unlimited travel across the Country in Second Class
- Entry to More than 400+ Museums and Local Attractions
- Mt Titlis entry and Orientation.
- Mt Jungfrau entry and Orientation
- Basel City card
- Rhine Falls visit with orientation.
- Lucerne, Interlaken, Zurich, Basel city tours using rail pass.
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance worth USD 50,000/ person
- Local taxes, toll, parking and allowances
What is NOT included in the tour
- Govt Tax of 5.00% over and above the Tour Cost mentioned.
- Return Airfare and Outbound travel to Destination.
- Any increase in Airfare, Visa fees, Airport taxes, Govt Taxes, Fuel Surcharges and any applicability of new taxes from Govt.
- Any up gradation in Airline class or hotel room category.
- Any Increase in the rate of exchange leading to an increase in all land arrangements which may come in to effect prior to departure.
- Any extra expense such as route change, Airline change, Date change, Accommodation facilities, etc incurred due to the unforeseen, unavoidable Forced Majeure circumstances during the tour.
- Porterage, laundry, telephone charges, shopping, wines & alcoholic beverages, mineral water, items of personal nature and food or drink which is not part of a set group menu.
- Any extra cost incurred on behalf of an individual due to illness, accident, hospitalisation, or any personal emergency.
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in the group tour itinerary.
- Anything specifically not mentioned in the ‘tour price includes’ column.
- 7 Days Rail Pass with full access - Unlimited Travel
- Kids Travel at 50% of the cost
- 3 Mountain Excursions
- Apartment Accommodation for scenic Locations
- Lucerne, Zurich, Basel, Interlaken city tours
- Day 1 - Arrive in Zurich. Get transferred to Hotel. Check and Free for the evening
- Day 2 - Rhine Falls and Zurich City tour.
- Day 3 - Mount Titlis and Luzerne city tour. Optional Indian Dinner cruise on Lake Luzerne
- Day 4 - Check out and Proceed to Interlaken/ Grindalwald/ Wengen. Check in. Evening free
- Day 5 - Mount Jungfrau. Evening Interlaken city tour on your own.
- Day 6 - Check out and proceed to basel. Evening is free
- Day 7 - Basel City tour. Full Day
- Day 8 - Day at Leisure. Can plan Bern city tour using Rail Pass.
- Day 9 - Check out and proceed to airport (Basel/ Zurich) for Departure to India
Switzerland is a mountainous Central European country, home to numerous lakes, villages and the high peaks of the Alps. Its cities contain medieval quarters, with landmarks like capital Bern’s Zytglogge clock tower and Lucerne’s wooden chapel bridge. The country is also known for its ski resorts and hiking trails. Banking and finance are key industries, and Swiss watches and chocolate are world renowned.
Capital City : Bern
Dial in Code : + 41
Currency : Swiss franc
Currency Value : 1 SF = 72 INR approx
Time Difference : 3 Hours ahead of Indian Standard Time (IST)
Spoken Languages : Swiss French
English : Widely Spoken
Crime Record : Moderately Safe
Weather : Sunny for 240+ Days
Temperature : 28 C to 32 C
Monsoon : June to September
Low Season : June to October
Visa on Arrival (Indian) : No
Main Airports : Zurich, Bern, Geneva
Indian cuisine : Yes, Available
Vegetarian : Yes Available widely
Must Try : Alpine Experience, Chocolate Factories, Museums
Activities of Interest : Shopping, Adventure Sports, Trekking, Photography