We welcome you to a journey of gastronomical delights in a country where food is an inherent part of its cultural fabric. The sheer diversity of cuisines has transformed this magnificent country into a sensory haven for food lovers. In India, the variety of cuisines is quite inexhaustible, as every region proudly flaunts its distinctive cuisines and delicacies. It is nothing short of a miracle that using the same ingredients and spices how every region manages to prepare different foods with amazing flavors. What is special about Indian cuisines that cannot be found anywhere else in the world is the joy of painstakingly preparing the food and then savoring the moment of watching someone relish every morsel of that dish. So, let’s embark on this wonderful culinary journey where we discover not only the history and culture of a particular cuisine but also the essence of what makes it so special. For connoisseurs of food, a culinary tour of India is truly an unforgettable feast of a lifetime.
Goa, the beautiful state in the west of India stands out for its beautiful beaches, heritage houses, churches, temples and for its lovely people and cuisine. The people in Goa are sensitive in nature, and so is their palate.Goa food is an eclectic mix of Portuguese and local Indian cuisine and is known for some really good sea-food and unique dishes
The intermingling of Arabian, Portuguese and native cultures is reflected in the cuisine of Goa, which is a unique blend of richness and simplicity- the constantly recurring notes being struck by the fish and the coconut. Goa is also unique in the sense that this mixture of East and West co-exists in a friendly and peaceful lifestyle. The best of both worlds has been absorbed and knit into a culture very distinctly different from that of any other part of India. This is well reflected in its cuisine.
One of the best ways to enjoy Holiday in Goa, is to explore its local culinary culture. And if this comes, with an insight into their cuisine, demonstrations, recipes, market tour, visit to spice plantations & sweet tastings, then the trip is sure to be a success.
What is included in the tour
- Hotel drop ( only from city hotels)
- Private vehicle for transport
- Welcome Chai drink
- Local guide
- Home cooked dinner at host’s home
What is NOT included in the tour
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop inside city
- Learn to cook the traditional fayre first hand from you host
- Spend an evening with your host family in an Indian family environment
- Private English speaking guide
- Learn more about the Indian culture and lifestyle in the evening spent with a local family
- Day 1 - Arrival at Goa, Airport transfer to hotel, Check in and evening free.
- Day 2 - Get picked up at your hotel and travel in the luxury of a private vehicle with your companions and your private English speaking guide to meet and spend about 6 hours with your Indian hosts. A welcome drink, which you will learn to prepare later, will be served to you as you reach. Watch and learn how a traditional and typically goan meal is prepared while your host shares insights to the process that is passed down generations. Be prepared to marvel at the stories and traditional lore that your guide and hosts share with you. Enjoy a freshly prepared Goan with herbs and spices used conventionally in their kitchnes. Your host will be only too pleased to share tips and secrets to mouthwatering meal recipes with you! With a cap of upto 12 guests, this is an ideal opportunity to explore and learn about this new culture and lifestyle that you are exposed to first hand. This sit down dinner provides a chance for you to find answers to the questions regarding Goan cuisine. After the meal, feel free to explore Goa.
- Day 3 - Full day city tour including local markets & spice plantation
- Day 4 - Check out and proceed to airport for departure.